Name: Renz Bulseco
Url Address: http://www.thetravelingnomad.com
Philosophy in life: Life is a one big adventure.
Tell us something random about yourself:
Hi, I am Renz, 21 years old and just recently graduated from UP with a degree in Biology. Right now, I am planning to travel to different provinces in the Philippines. I have already conquered the island of Mindanao. I’d want to complete my list before traveling abroad.
ABOUT YOUR BLOG
1. How, When and Why did you get into blogging industry?
I started blogging back in 2006. I was still a senior high school student back then. I got inspired by Coconuter (David Poarch). He was featured in a defunct show (I forgot the title) hosted by Bernadette Sembrano. Since then, blogging has become my avenue of emotions, dreams and aspirations.
2. How you came up with the name for it?
At first, I originally signed up for the URL thenomad but since it was already taken, I added ‘traveling’. A few days have passed, I realized that my travel blog‘s URL, thetravelingnomad sounds redundant. But I had managed to explain the reasons why I chose that URL in my blog. I also wanted to redefine traveling.
3. How long have you been here and what made you want to start?
I’ve been blogging for almost 5 years now! I started blogging because I wanted to have an online journal. Sometimes it’s tiring to update some tidbits of your life through pen and paper.
4. Do you blog for a job full time? What else do you do aside from blogging?
I have just recently signed up at Google Adsense and so far, I have earned a few dollars in just a few days after signing up! It looked promising though.
5. Did you choose to start blogging directly about your chosen niche or because you just saw a good way to make money from blogging?
I have a travel blog because I simply love to travel; to explore different places of my country.
6. How much time do you spend on work related to your blog(s) each week?
Uhm, everyday since I am currently unemployed.
7. What do you find to be your biggest struggle as a blogger?
I guess it’s dealing with haters. I have received a few hate mails and sometimes I can’t help myself but get furious about it. But sometimes I ignore them most especially they come from anonymous senders.
8. How does blogging help you, in terms of life and career? How did you get to where you are now with your blog(s)? To what do you attribute your success? and what is the next goal you hope to achieve?
I have met a LOT of awesome people through blogging and I got inspired more because of them! I do hope that my blog would become famous. Well, it’s every bloggers dream, you know. 😉
9. Where do you see your blog(s) and yourself in 5 years?
Hopefully my blog would get nominated as one of the best travel blogs in the Philippines.
10. One of the hardest things for beginner bloggers is getting traffic. What tips can you give bloggers to drive traffic to a new blog?
You have to communicate with your followers. Talk to them through online forums or comment on some of their blogs. I guess it’s a great start in building your traffic. You have to initiate your own network first.
11. What advice would you give to new bloggers wanting to start blogging and help them start out on a path to success?
Just be yourself. Don’t let your emotions ruin your reputation as a blogger. Also, do not forget that the internet is not a purely intellectual realm. There are haters, trolls and spammers. Lastly, be careful what you publish in your blog. You should be responsible with your words and actions. 🙂
MUST-READ AND SHARE!
You may also follow my Instagram account featuring microliterature #microlit. For more of my artworks, visit DIARYNIGRACIA INSTAGRAM