“Life comes with many challenges. The ones that should not scare us are the ones we can take on and take control of.“
– Angelina Jolie-
Before traveling to the Philippines, passengers must complete the e-CIF (Electronic Case Investigation Form), which is needed when undertaking health protocols.
As per Philippine Red Cross (PRC), the e-CIF is important “to minimize the spread of COVID-19 into the Philippines through our ports of entry. It also ensures that anyone arriving into the country will be tested for COVID-19.”
PRC recommends completing the e-CIF at least 3 days before arriving in the country. Those who fail to fill out the form will be denied entry to the country. The form for arriving Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) is available on the PRC Website.
Visit the e-cif.redcross.org.ph homepage
Upon clicking Register you will be redirected to this page.
Fill out the necessary information. After that, click SUBMIT
Save the QR Code in your mobile phone or tablet by taking a screenshot or printing out a copy of the QR Code
Present the QR Code upon health assessment for the RT-PCR Testing for COVID-19 at the airport.
Things to Remember
- Kindly ensure you have your passport ready when filling out the form, and double-check your spelling. Any errors could lead to a delay in delivering your test results.
- Upon arrival, all passengers will be subjected to a swab test (RT PCR COVID-19 Testing) by trained personnel of the Philippine Coast Guard (PCG). The Bureau of Quarantine (BOQ) will notify you of the test results.
- Any traveler to the Philippines is required to be quarantined until they have obtained a negative COVID-19 test result and have completed 14-day home quarantine.
- Passengers must stay in a government-designated quarantine facility or BOQ-approved quarantine hotel while waiting for their test results.
- If the test results are positive, the traveler will be taken to a prescribed hospital for further medical attention.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) regarding PRC e-CIF
Question: Why does e-CIF need to be filled up?
Answer: This form is to minimize the spread of COVID-19 into the Philippines through our ports of entry. It also ensures that anyone arriving into the country will be tested for COVID-19
Q: By when does e-CIF need to be filled up?
A: The e-CFI must be filled up prior to immigration. It is best to fill up prior to arrival in the Philippines, and it can be completed 3 days prior to arrival in the Philippines.
Q: Who needs to fill it up?
A: Any individual who is traveling to the Philippines is required to fill-up the form.
Q: What will happen if I don’t fill up the form?
A: Those who have not accomplished the form will be required to fill in and submit their form electronically before they can proceed with immigration clearance. This will unnecessarily delay their immigration clearance, if left unaccomplished, the traveler will be unable to go pass through immigration.
Q: Who made and who manages the e-CIF System?
A: The Government of the Republic of the Philippines in partnership with the Philippine Red Cross and Dashlabs.ai created and manages the e-CIF System. We also thank Filinvest Foundation for their help with the first version of the system.
Q: I still have some questions. Where might I ask them?
A: For any other questions, please kindly call 1158 or e-mail email@example.com
I hope this article helped you. Keep safe, Kababayan. Mabuhay po ang lahat ng OFW!
MUST-READ AND SHARE!
You may also follow my Instagram account featuring microliterature #microlit. For more of my artworks, visit DIARYNIGRACIA INSTAGRAM.