St. Daniel Comboni Parish in Jleeb Al-Shuyoukh also serves the areas of Dhaieel, Airport, Wista, Subhan and Qurain 1, 2, 3 & 4. The newest parish in Kuwait was blessed on January 29, 2010. During this time of Lent, following are the activities and services.
1. An important reminder not to gather in groups and not to chat outside the church premises.
2. Do not light any candle when inside the church.
3. If you attend Mass driving your car, please park at the other side of the road.
4. Short Stations of the Cross daily before the evening Mass. All the Wednesdays of Lent are days of abstinence from meat.
5. The Lenten Charity Box is kept at the entrance.
6. The Lenten English Retreat will be preached by Fr. Martin Scott as follows:
Feb 24 Tuesday 6:30 p.m. Mass and talk until 8:30 p.m. (Basement I)
Feb 25 Wednesday 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. preacher is available for confession and counseling (B II)
Feb 26 Thursday 6:30 p.m. Mass and talk until 8:30 p.m. (Basement I)
Feb 27 Friday 9:30 a.m. Mass and talk until 1:00 p.m. (Basement I)
Feb 28 Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. preacher is available for confession and counseling (B II)
7. March 20, 2015, Friday, Feast of St. Joseph will be celebrated at Indian Integrated School, 5:00 p.m. The Main Celebrant of the Holy Mass will be His Excellency Joseph Karikkaserry, Bishop of Kottapuram. Those who like to be the sponsors (Presudenti) for this feast are requested to register their names in the parish office by contributing 10 KD. Those who like to contribute for food will be highly appreciated.
8. May 8, 2015 will be our May fete and Raffle Draw. Raffle tickets of 10 leaves will be for 10 KD. Proceeds of this will be used for the improvement of our parish church. Please let us all show our generosity.
(Thank you to Ms. Padma for the picture)