Last Updated on 9 months by DIARYNIGRACIA
Name: John Eric Dioquino
Url Address: jednjeni (.) com
Twitter: [email protected] (.) com
FB: [email protected]
Triond Account: jedpogi
Experts Column Account: jedpogi
Philosophy in life:
You don’t need to laugh to show that you are happy and you don’t need to cry to show that you are sad. Not all people who laugh are happy and not all people who cry are truly sad. What’s more important is the way you handle things whether it’s good or bad.
Tell us something random about yourself.
My nickname is JED and I just attached the word “POGI” because I am really POGI (That’s a big joke!). A joker, singer, basketball player, guitar player and what else? A part time blogger.
About your Blog
1. How, When and Why did you get into the blogging industry?
I started blogging January 3, 2011 because I was inspired by SUPER G (Super Gulaman [.] com) to write anything under the sun. For your info, SUPER G is the brother of my wife Palomah.
2. How you came up with the name for it?
I just came up with BLAGADAGAG and there’s no reason behind it.
3. Do you blog for a job full time? What else do you do aside from blogging?
Practically saying, I am a part time blogger although I’ve been thinking of how to blog full time. I am currently working as an Assistant Manager in a restaurant chain here in the Philippines so I think there’s no way I can concentrate on blogging full time.
4. Did you choose to start blogging directly about your chosen niche or because you just saw a good way to make money from blogging?
I blog just for fun. Earning from it, well I’m too far from that because I don’t earn that much from blogging.
5. How much time do you spend on work related to your blog(s) each week?
I spend most of my time at work. I can start blogging only during my rest day.
6. What do you find to be your biggest struggle as a blogger?
My biggest struggle is find enough time to write and find the right words to say. Hoping to find another job that would give me more spare time to write.
7. How does blogging help you, in terms of life and career?
Blogging helps me become stress free. In terms of career, well, I have to eat more rice and break a leg to succeed in this industry.
8. How did you get to where you are now with your blog(s)? To what do you attribute your success? What is the next goal you hope to achieve?
Mostly I write about what is happening around me and my family. Sad to say that it is really hard to gain readers. My next goal is to write more articles, to have more followers, earn more from my ads and to have more friends in the blogging industry.
9. Where do you see your blog(s) and yourself in 5 years?
I would like to see my blog still being read and seen by most blog readers because for me, it is an honor to be recognized by professional bloggers who still find the time to glance, stop and read some of my not so interesting articles. I still see myself 5 years from now, trying to write articles despite being very busy with work and taking care of my 2 kids.
10. One of the hardest things for beginner bloggers is getting traffic. What tips can you give bloggers to drive traffic to a new blog?
One of the best things that bloggers can do to get enough traffic is to write about what is currently happening. Write an article about Lebron James or Stephen Curry. Something relevant is always something new to read and to talk about.
11. What advice would you give to new bloggers wanting to start blogging and help them start out on a path to success?
Just write whatever ideas that come into your mind and in your heart. Write what you love and love what you write.
12. Describe your blog in 10 words.
Bladagadag now a name. Soon to be a legend!
Peace and love to you.