Last Updated on 1 year by DiaryNiGracia
“The beautiful thing about learning is that nobody can take it away from you.”
OFW Dependent Scholarship Program (ODSP)
The Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) aims to safeguard and promote the welfare and well-being of OFWs. In lieu of this, OWWA offers scholarships, insurance, and education program for OFWs and their dependents. One of their programs offered is OFW Dependent Scholarship Program or ODSP.
OFW Dependent Scholarship Program or ODSP is educational assistance of PhP 20,000.00 per school year to the qualified dependent of an active OWWA member-OFW whose monthly salary is not more than US$600.00.
There are 1,250 slots given every year: 200 slots for applicants from the 10 impoverished provinces, 204 slots for applicants from 17 cities, 840 slots for applicants from 80 provinces, and 6 slots for applying dependents with exemplary records
Who are eligible to apply?
- ONLY one dependent per family of an OFW (active member of OWWA)
- Couples who are both OFW have only one slot for the program
- The dependent-applicant does not have any other scholarship grants
- The applicant has not taken any post-secondary or vocation; undergraduate or college units; and ODSP qualifying exam before.
What are the qualifications?
- Child of an active OWWA member or sibling of an unmarried OWWA member, who is single and not more than 21 years old for incoming freshmen, and not more than 30 years old for those who are already enrolled or have been enrolled in college
- Must pass the entrance examination conducted by state college/university in OWWA Regional Welfare Offices where he/she intends to enroll
- Must not be a recipient of any other scholarship grants
What are the requirements for availing ODSP?
- Accomplished Application Form (2 copies)
- 2×2 ID Photos (2 copies)
- PSA Authenticated Birth Certificate
- Form 137 for incoming first-year college or Transcript of Records (TOR) for those already enrolled in college
- Medical Certificate/Clearance from any DOH-accredited hospital/center/clinic
- Certificate of Good Moral Character issued by the principal/guidance counselor
- Accomplish original copy of the Scholarship Agreement
To avail the OWWA’s OFW Dependent Scholarship Program (ODSP), please bring the requirements mentioned above to the nearest OWWA office. For more information, visit the OWWA website at https://www.owwa.gov.ph/
MUST-READ AND SHARE!
You may also follow my Instagram account featuring microliterature #microlit. For more of my artworks, visit DIARYNIGRACIA INSTAGRAM