Last Updated on 3 months by DiaryNiGracia
“Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.”
Tabang OFW Program
The Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) aims to safeguard and promote the welfare and well-being of OFWs. In lieu of this, OWWA offers scholarships, insurance, and education program for OFWs and their dependents. One of their programs offered is Tabang OFW Program
Tabang OFW Program is a Tertiary Education Subsidy (TES) intended to help OFW dependents who are in college to continue their education. The qualifying recipient will receive a one-time PhP 30,000 in cash. Target beneficiaries of the Tabang OFW Program are 33,000 eligible college students of repatriated, displaced, and deceased OFWs due to COVID-19.
Active or non-active OFW-member of OWWA or undocumented OFWs can still avail of the Tabang OFW. An applicant can avail of the Tabang OFW Program as long as the OFW-dependent is qualified as per SUC (state university and colleges) requirements. Single OFWs can apply for their siblings, nephew/niece, or even the OFW themselves as long the age is 30 years old and below.
What are the qualifications?
- An OFW who got displaced or repatriated due to the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Have an OFW relative who died during the pandemic
- Dependent must be a Filipino citizen
- Dependent is qualified to be admitted to college
- Dependent is enrolled in college
- Dependent has not availed of any of the scholarship programs by OWWA yet
What are the requirements for availing Tabang OFW Program?
- Receipt of proof of enrolment or intention to enroll in digital format (of the student)
- Passport of Travel Documents (for OFWs)
- Proof of Arrival, if returnee
- Proof of Displacement (i.e. POLO/Company Certification, Affidavit)
- Death Certificate
- Proof of Relationship with the dependent (i.e. PSA Authenticated Birth Certificate)
- Declaration that the dependent is not a recipient of a government scholarship grant
How to apply for Tabang OFW Program?
- Fill out the form online via https://tabangofw-ease.gov.ph
- Once you apply online, you will get a PIN – reference number. The reference number will be your personal code
- Submit your requirements. OWWA will submit your application to DOLE
- Once approved, DOLE will inform the applicant
- Claim the amount via money exchange transfer
For more information, visit the OWWA website at https://www.owwa.gov.ph/
MUST-READ AND SHARE!
You may also follow my Instagram account featuring microliterature #microlit. For more of my artworks, visit DIARYNIGRACIA INSTAGRAM