PhilHealth and private hospitals will 'collaborate' to handle unpaid claims difficulties.  

PhilHealth and private hospitals will ‘collaborate’ to handle unpaid claims difficulties.

PhilHealth and private hospitals will ‘collaborate’ to handle unpaid claims difficulties.

 

The Philippine Health Insurance Corporation (PhilHealth) says it met with the Private Hospitals Association of the Philippines, Inc. (PHAPi) on Monday, Nov. 8, to discuss unpaid claims issues.

In a statement, PhilHealth and PHAPi agreed to collaborate “to cooperatively resolve the claims payments issue and to allay public concerns over some hospitals’ plans to not renew accreditation next year,” according to the state-run health insurer. 

The quick distribution of the “second wave of Debit-Credit Payment Method (DCPM) to those hospitals that will express intend to benefit of such,” according to the report, was one of the agreements struck during the meeting. 

“Using PhilHealth data, 60% of in-process claims will be issued to hospitals who have not yet enrolled in DCPM, while the remaining 40% will be released after initial payment processing and reconciliation.” “PhilHealth agreed to lower the liquidation threshold to 20% of the initial tranche of payment for hospitals that have already benefited from the DCPM, allowing them to immediately benefit from the second wave of DCPM,” PhilHealth said.

 “An internal memo will be issued soon to inform and prepare all regional offices for the second round of applications,” the statement continued. Both sides “have agreed to work together on the subject of returned and refused claims” by forming a Technical Working Group, according to the state-run health insurance. Representatives from the Philippine Medical Association, Philippine Hospital Association, PHAPi, and PhilHealth will make up the Technical Working Group.Hospitals also committed to help PhilHealth with its information technology (IT) issues in order to “speed up claims processing,” according to the state-run health insurer.

 

MUST-READ AND SHARE!

2022 Collection of PHILHEALTH Updates

2023 Your Practical Wedding Guide

Investments and Finance Ultimate Guide

Your Ultimate Access to Kuwait Directories in this COVID-19 Crisis

Poetry Books: Anthology

A Devotional Journal: Thankful from Within

A Devotional Journal: Faith Can Move Mountains

A Devotional Journal: Healing with Hope as Life Goes On

Global Filipino Blogger

If you like reading this, please like and share my page, DIARYNIGRACIA PAGE. Questions, suggestions, send me at [email protected]

You may also follow my Instagram account featuring microliterature #microlit. For more of my artworks, visit DIARYNIGRACIA INSTAGRAM

Acknowledgements

CREDITS

Credits: Acknowledging TSOK’s Pioneering Advocacy, Credibility and Empowerment

DISCLAIMER

Understanding Diarynigracia (DNG) Website: A Guide Through DNG Documentation (For Information Purposes Only)

Please note:

The information presented in this blog (PhilHealth and private hospitals will 'collaborate' to handle unpaid claims difficulties.) regarding public pages is derived from publicly accessible sources. While I strive for accuracy, information may change over time, contain errors, or be incomplete. The analysis, opinions, interpretations, blog posts, and advertorials expressed on this blog are DNG writings with attributions and do not intend to cause copyright infringement. This blog is intended for informational and discussion purposes only. Continuing Advocacy Blog. You may check directly with the official sources of the relevant public pages mentioned in the blog posts.

Peace and love to you.


Gracia Amor
error: Content is protected !!