Last Updated on 5 months by DIARYNIGRACIA
Phrases like “smile and the world smiles at you” and “laughter is the best medicine” are as old as time but there is truth in these.
Smiling, laughing, having a good sense of humor are beneficial for your health physically, emotionally and socially.
Here are some reasons why you should start making smile and laughter an essential part of your daily life;
- Helps in the proper function of the blood vessels. When passageways are clear, it is easier for blood to circulate well and go to the designated points of our body. This prevents the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Helps improve emotional health. Scientifically speaking, smiling, laughter and humor enhances the brain’s emotional and reward centers that results in the release of pleasant emotion and regulates pain.
- Lowers stress and anxiety levels. Humor helps boost resiliency and makes you cope with daily problems by promoting a positive attitude and weeds out negative emotions. You capability to smile even in the most adverse of situation will be helpful to you.
- Beneficial to the respiratory system. Smiling and laughing regulates our breathing, enables our lungs to flush out more, increases heart rate thereby allowing us to inhale more fresh oxygen.
- Strengthens the immune system. Small worries and big troubles affect our immune system. But if we smile and laugh we are preventing stress and heart disease from invading our immune system.
- A person who smiles attracts firm family bonding and good social interaction. Happier marriages have smile and laughter as important factors. A strong friendship, competent work relationship and reinforced social community attribute all to smile and laughter.
- A person who smiles often even if she or he has the simplest physical attributes, is a joyful sight to behold and a lighter companion to be with.