Last Updated on 4 months by DiaryNiGracia
Have an Ocular Visit of the Venue
“Expectations vs Realities”
As you journey towards the big day, you pretty much have a lot of choices regarding your wedding. These options include your wedding ceremony venue, the invites, the décor, number of guests and the reception etc.
For your wedding venue, here are some suggestions on how to narrow down your choices:
- You should do an ocular visit. Hindi pwede na you just saw something on websites, then you think na bagay siya sa concept ninyo for the wedding. Nagandahan ka. And your fiancée simply said “Bahala ka na.” So you’ll pick the phone, dial the number or send an email for inquiry. Then, everything looks just fine—- RESERVED.
- Always remember what you need. The venue should provide you with 100% of your needs for a space. If not a hundred, it should be able to cater to at least 85% of your requirements for a wedding venue.
Why is there a need for an ocular visit? Here are some important points about why you should have one.
Sis, kung sa field trip nga may ocular visit muna. Sa wedding venues pa kaya? And your wedding is significantly more important than any educational/field trip.
- See for yourself. You can assess the parking, amenities and the number of guests the venue can actually accommodate.
- Yes, websites may provide you with pictures. Pero sabi nga” to see is to believe”. Especially now that there are a lot of filters and enhancing apps for photos.
- See the venues in actual. This will allow you to make more wise decisions. Minsan sa pictures parang ang laki ng venue, only to see in actual na hindi pala.
- It’s ok when you call and send emails for inquiry. It’s more convenient. You may do this only for the initial inquiry. Still, nothing beats having a face to face conversation.
Benefits of having an ocular visit:
- You’ll have concrete ideas regarding the house rules. Though church or even civil wedding venues have general rules some might have special protocols to be observed. Know about these special rules. See if kaya ninyong sunduin with regards to your motif, number of guests and other plans for your big day.
- Aside from the venue itself, hindi lang parking space ang kailangan mong makita. Even the comfort room capacity makikita mo at ma – check ninyo.
While here are some of the questions that you should personally ask before finalizing your venues:
- Are both venues available for the wedding date? This availability should be ensured for both the church and for the civil wedding.
For the reception venue:
- Do they allow outside caterers or not?
- If they do, you should ask about their house rules. Is there any fee, if an outside caterer will supply the food?
- How much will it cost you to book the venue?
- If you prefer to have accommodation prior to the wedding, is there an additional fee?
MUST-READ AND SHARE!
If you like reading this, please like and share my page, DIARYNIGRACIA PAGE. Questions, suggestions, send me at [email protected]
You may also follow my Instagram account featuring microliterature #microlit. For more of my artworks, visit DIARYNIGRACIA INSTAGRAM