Juggles family and work as a Financial Analyst. Has a pre-school son named Gremlin. My husband has to keep up with my pa-tsam cooking.
Url Address: http://www.kalelmosaiah.com/
Philosophy in life:
-I learned that I can only feel fulfillment when I make a difference in the most human environment.
-He who is the happiest in his work/ in what he does is the highest paid.
Tell us something random about yourself.
I can’t sing, I have to like what my son and husband like; eating, swimming, road trips. An introvert. Sleeps very early in the morning.
ABOUT YOUR BLOG
1. How, When and Why did you get into blogging industry?
I wanted to keep track of my son’s growing up (you know when you are always in awe of how a little man is running the family). When he was a year old, we bought a domain name and planned to do a website but it took two years before I came to know of blogger and I started blogging about my son’s milestones. Now the pages are becoming a photo blog.
2. How you came up with the name for it?
It’s my son’s name. The domain http://www.gremliness.com/ also points to it.
3. How long have you been here and what made you want to start?
A few years. There’s a load of my son’s milestones already waiting to be journal-ed about so I started.
4. Do you blog for a job full time? What else do you do aside from blogging?
I work five days a week, 11 hours a day, and it’s already a luxury if I can have 15 minutes of work time a day to look into my blog stats. Getting home means being with my son and husband. Blogging comes after checking Facebook late at night. So no, I can’t inspire bloggers yet.
5. Did you choose to start blogging directly about your chosen niche or because you just saw a good way to make money from blogging?
Just on my chosen niche. I did try researching how I can make money out of it, but I knew I’m way far to earning income since I can’t do it full time.
6. How much time do you spend on work related to your blog(s) each week?
Total of 30 minutes maybe each week on checking my blog stats (as if it matters).
7. What do you find to be your biggest struggle as a blogger?
I wish I have more time to spare, or that I wish I am as great a writer so I can just lay down my thoughts in less time. Also, I still guard myself about what I write, there’s more responsibility required in the place I am currently in (i.e., it’s a crime to write about a review of an establishment’s bad customer service)
8. How did you get to where you are now with your blog(s)? To what do you attribute your success? And what is the next goal you hope to achieve?
Have I already succeeded as a blogger? I think this is answered subjectively. If there was a big difference now versus when I started, I think it’s because I have been drawing inspiration and growing knowledge in from fellow bloggers. Admittedly, I became active in blogging when I saw page views coming in when I joined the PEBA 2010 blogging contest.
I hope to make sense in the blogging world, and see how I could help make a difference.
9. Where do you see your blog(s) and yourself in 5 years?
I want to create a new blog to write down about my ancestors, to keep a record of their lives, beliefs and practices. I know I’d soon race against time to gather these together. This was a goal when I was still in high school. (I have my grandfather as my source. He has stories like in the olden times, the spirits of the forests would even show up to men to get their offerings). This is my way of giving back to the culture that reared me. By the way, I am an Igorot.
10. One of the hardest things for beginner bloggers is getting traffic. What tips can you give bloggers to drive traffic to a new blog?
I get my traffic now from Google searches on topics I have written about. So as others say, content is king. Joining blog aggregators could help. Also, up until now, I still receive page views directed from the PEBA site, and from sites where someone had referred my blog link in.
11. What advice would you give to new bloggers wanting to start blogging and help them start out on a path to success?
Just be passionate.
12. Describe your blog in 10 words.
Sandpit living with an Igorot Gremlin and everything in between.
MUST-READ AND SHARE!
You may also follow my Instagram account featuring microliterature #microlit. For more of my artworks, visit DIARYNIGRACIA INSTAGRAM